Wednesday 20 June 2012

Best Films of 2012 (so far...)

I'm going to be away for most of the next week or so, so I'm not sure whether I'll get the chance to do one of my regular weekly updates on Sunday (and to be honest, I'm not going to have much time to watch movies in that time anyway). So, to keep things ticking along, I thought I'd do a post with my top ten pictures of the year to date. In order to qualify for this list, a film simply needs to be a new release which I've seen in the cinema during 2012.

Looking back through my reviews since January, it's been a good, but not great year so far. I still haven't had reason to dish out a perfect 10 to any new releases (much like the trophy in Pointless, a score of 10/10 from Kirk's Movie Blog is a coveted prize), though there are a number of near misses towards the top of my list.

A few movies were on the verge of making my top 10, but just missed the cut. These include David Fincher's Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Avengers Assemble, The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! and Prometheus.

Anyway, here's the list, together with links to my original review of the movie in question:

1. Margaret
2. The Raid
3. Headhunters
4. The Muppets
5. Martha Marcy May Marlene
6. Young Adult
7. Snowtown
8. Moonrise Kingdom
9. The Artist
10. Chronicle













So, Margaret's top of the pile for the time being - but will it remain there at the end of December? There's going to be some tough competition from the likes of The Dark Knight Rises, Looper, The Master, The Great Gatsby and Killing Them Softly. I guess you'll just have to watch this space to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment